Tuesday, January 30, 2018

How I Got My Philippine Passport?

How I Got My Philippine Passport




I’m scrolling down on social media news feed and saw some of my friends and acquaintances went out of the country to travel or doing their own jobs. Of course I’m a little jealous and curious how did they do it? So I do a little research and ask them how. Whether it would be for vacation, employment or other reasons, securing yourself a Passport seems to be the first step.


With the technology such as online booking and booking apps, traveling is sure to be convenient. Airports are rapidly emerging in remote places and new airlines are welcome to the country time after time.  Passport is growing in demand and I think it will be a must in the future. So I’ve decided to get my passport.

So I visited www.passport.gov.ph and schedule an online appointment. When I check out the appointment schedule for DFA* Cebu (where I live) the slots are unavailable leading me to secure an appointment with DFA Bacolod.  I was lucky enough to secure an appointment. It takes a small amount of time to have those slots filled. If I didn’t take it, I will probably wait until the DFA announce to add another batch of appointments. After filling up my details the website provided me with the Application Form for me to print and show it on their office. In addition, an original Birth Certificate by the PSA and at least 2 two IDs are required.

I was on DFA Bacolod Office 2pm, 2hrs ahead of my appointment, and went to the information desk and begin the process. It was very going fine but when they evaluated my requirements, they told me to secure a latest birth certificate issued by the PSA**. Mine was an outdated birth certificated dated 2009. So I went to the PSA office and secure one for two hours and not be able to process on the day. I went back to the office on the first hour in the morning and finish the whole process in just an hour. Since I’m from Cebu picking up my passport there is not convenient. They have courier service (LBC) inside the office and let it send it to me after 20 days.  


UPDATE:

TIPS:
  • Print your Accomplished Application Form, and Confirmed Online Appointment
  • Secure latest Birth Certificate, they require the original.
  • Photocopy your IDs.
  • Dress appropriately.
  • Bringing a pen doesn’t hurt.
  • Check you requirements here 
COSTS: (as of January 2018)
  • It will took 20 days for Regular transactions that will cost you P950.00 and 10 days for Expedite transactions that costs P1200.00
  • P150.00 cost of courier (LBC)
  • Birth Certificate costs P140.00


I will update this blog when I receive my passport.

*DFA - Department of Foreign Affairs
**PSA - Philippine Statistics Autority

UPDATE: 

I got my passport shipped by LBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment